Christine has been at the heart of some of my favourite folky albums over the past twenty years or so
I think her voice is superb… a great interpreter of song
Christine’s ground-breaking recordings of Scots songs and harmony singing, whether in duos, trios or as a solo artist, stand out as favourites in my collection. As a performer, her warm inviting vocals and passion for the material draw even the uninitiated into discovering the riches of Scots song
Fiona Ritchie, Producer/host, NPR’s The Thistle & Shamrock
From Autumn 2016:
– Horsecross Voices, Concert Hall, Perth (19 Oct)
– Wee Folk Club, Royal Oak, Edinburgh (30 Oct)
– Just Singin’, Birnam Institute (2 and 9 Nov)
– Tay Landscape Partnership*
– Creative Scotland YMI, Aberdeenshire*
– Cateran’s Commonwealth workshops*
– Living Voices with Scottish Poetry Library, Edinburgh & Aberdeen
* Ceilidhmakers place making and song making projects
She has toured, broadcast and recorded extensively both solo and on a number of projects to produce some of the country’s finest and often award-winning sounds, including singing with Janet Russell, Chantan, Calluna and Sinsheen.
A highly-regarded educator, theatre performer and vocal coach, she recently graduated with a Master’s degree in Ethnology and Folklore. Christine has shared the stage with many top musicians from Scotland and beyond.